Monday, March 03, 2008

msb-0269 Sons And Daughters

msb-0269 Sons And Daughter

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

Those are the songs I found on the Podsafe Music Network (the PMN) that were playable. (Country and Western is right out and some of the others didn't have the right feel for my show.)

Enjoy.

"Shauna MacKinnon" will be around for the next 'cast to tell us all not to suck.

---- "Sons of the Burgess Shale" by: "Bell Hollow" http://www.bellhollow.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "The Sons of Cain" by: "Ted Leo and The Pharmacists" http://www.tedleo.com/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "To Your Sons" by: "Smeer" http://www.smeer.com/

"Thesis:"

I'm watching "48 Hours Mystery" (something I rarely ever do 'cause I've only got a 13" piece of aerial dis-connected crap, [and that's 13" more than I want really,]) and I'm seeing some other people who's lives are a lot tougher than mine, (and they've all got a complete inventory of parts and in working order.)

---- "Sons of Women" by: "Sarah Donner" http://www.sarahdonner.com/

"Synthesis:"

As I sit here, safe and sound (there's some people who'd say that my mind is obviously "un"sound,) in my own house, master of all I survey (admittedly I don't see very far,) I want to say that in the larger scheme of things, it could be a lot worse.

That might sound like sour-grapes but, despite it all, it isn't.

I have perspective.

Yup I have MS.

Yup it sucks the big one.

Yup I can't work for anybody else now because I look too old with my graying hair and too disabled, "schleping" around as I do with a cane.

Yup its because of "potential" health care costs. (You're safe. I won't go on about my favorite bug-bear.)

Yup I am now relying on my wife to keep earning enough to pay for the condo since she is now the sole bread-winner in the house.

Shit happened. Shit would have happened anyway, It could have been worse.

Of course just because I have MS doesn't mean I won't get something else.

After all, uh, "shit happens".

---- "The Captains Daughter" by: "The Chronicles" http://www.myspace.com/chroniclesrock

"Conclusion:"

Yeah, we've got it tough but lets not lose perspective.

There's a lot uglier out there.

Now to get back on my high horse and resume the health care system and hypodermic avoidance crusades.

"Allons Rossinante, en avant vers le prochain moulin à vent." (I wont spoil your fun and I'll let you Google "Rossinante".)

---- "Goodbye Daughters of The Revolution" by: "The Black Crowes" http://www.blackcrowes.com/

And if anyone should wonder if this podcast will sink into oblivion without ever seeing a dime, I refer any nay-sayers to this "article" [ http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/business/media/27adco.html?ref=technology ] in the New York Times about that very fact.

Advertising is moving to the internet as the choice of advertisers who are looking for bang for their buck and looking not to waste any money in their quest to build on customer relationships.

With a 0.083% rate of return for broadcast ads, as opposed to 100% for the podcast ads, we've got a much better economic model.

But I'll come back to this topic at greater length in my next episode, after Shauna MacKinnon regales us by, uh, "not sucking".

Outro

No comments: