Tuesday, April 10, 2007

msb-0132 Nerdcore

msb-0132 Nerdcore


intro

Sorry the posting schedule has been so irregular (and the podcast has stopped temporarily while I get all the services up and running again,) because of my day job's relocation, but I've been setting up a "pied-a-terre" in South Jersey.

While its easier than starting totally over, its still a time consuming P.I.T.A.

---- "Army of Nerdcore" by; "Zealous 1" http://zealous1.com

Feedback
comes first, so...

Here's what I'm talking about.

Herrad is here!

Herrad has joined MSBPodcast.com from the Netherlands.

I hope you like her as much as I do and enjoy her 'casts along with me. (You have to admit she sounds a lot better than I do. :-)

And if you can't, don't worry about it.

I hope she'll speak English from time to time so that my English-only audience can appreciate her dulcet tones. (I must admit its been years since I spoke any Germanic languages and my brain's not as, uh, plastic as it used to be [and no I'm not blaming my MS lesions. I'm blaming my having survived to past age fifty. {Lots of people have lost bets by my reaching this advanced age... } ] :-)

But she's here and I'm very proud to have her using my wire to speak and share with her Dutch speaking fellow MSers.

In one swell foop, uh, one fell swoop, she has propelled this podcast into an international, multi-linguistic phenomenon. (Man I feel like the CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, [but without the funding of a large federal government backing me.])

We are exploring the depth and breadth of the internet and using it spread news about our living MS, instead of being good little Catholic girls and "offfering our suffering to Christ". (That was the actual verbatim advice that my mother got from the nuns at the hospital in Montréal 53 years ago when I was being born. [What a load of horse, uh, puke. Don't do anything. Don't know anything. Don't learn anything. Just suffer! Screw that crap! ])

I'm reminded of a George Carlin routine from his old "Hippy-Dippy Weatherman" days: "At [such and such a store] we're not just talking about inflation, we're doing something about it... We're raising our prices..."

---- "This Old Man" by: "MC Frontalot" http://frontalot.com/index.php/

Feed forward comes next, so...

The whole show is "Feed Forward" so I'm covering it in the "Main Topic"

---- "Livin' At The Corner Of Dude And Catastrophe" by: "MC Frontalot (feat. Brad Sucks)" http://frontalot.com/index.php/ and http://www.bradsucks.net

Feed Me! come third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Headshot" by: "Zealous 1" http://zealous1.com

Main Topic: Nerdcore.

Now we're going to explore Nerdcore.

You may have noticed that all of the music is songs about tech and stuffed full of "Nerdy" references.

Also you have may have noticed that the performers are all employed "uncouth youths".

I may seem a bit odd (read "old") to be listening to them but the language doesn't really affect me (and age doesn't mean dick-all to me either.)

I learned how to swear in French, so the vocabulary, tone and tenor of "des gros mots" is entirely different to me.

It adds to the "funny" because they are funny words. And if you can't take a joke, "fuck you". (Which is just noise to me by the way; so don't take offense where none is meant.)

I originally found out about it listening to "The Awful Show" [ http://www.thamike.com/awfulshow/ ] with ThaMike, Jo-El, Keyz and Ner-raux.

The Awful show is anything but.

I specially love their game show "Screw Your Neighbor."

---- "Charity Case" by: "MC Frontalot" http://frontalot.com/index.php/

Main topic, part "deux":

Here, in their own words, are the instructions for the great game.

"Screw Your Neighbor" is a great game of trivia where there are three players who are competing for your hearts and minds. (Sound like Jeopardy? Its "really" not.)

Player 1

Player 2

Player 3

Player 1 gets read a category. From the clue in that category, s/he should pick who they think would get it wrong. In this case lets say s/he picks Player 2.

Player 2 then gets read a question and he must answer, even if he doesn't know, to try and trick and screw player 3.

If player 2 gets it right he gets two points, if play three disagrees with him, he gets 3 points.

If player 2 gets it wrong, he gets 0 points and player 1 gets 2 points.

If player 3 agrees with player two, then player 1 gets 3 points.

However if player 3 disagrees then he gets 1 point as well.

Make sense?

Then, round robim syle, player 1 become player 3, player 3 becomes player 2 and player 2 becomes player 1.

It's easy once you play it.


---- "KFC" by: "The Awful Show" http://www.thamike.com/awfulshow/

Outro

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never stop podcasting do you?
Hi Charles I enjoyed your last casts. I returned today from my island. I had a great time. No internet no... nothing! Very relaxing there. Now back in hell.
I haven't done anything new with my 1st episode. Now I guess I will continue writing it. The soonest I finish it I will record it. I know I haven't given the proper care to this. It is not easy.
I hope you the best. Have a small idea about Easter and customs in my place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUgkGp8pEo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfoo7U22Gg4&mode=related&search=a

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Hello Homer,

no I've found my next passion (I'm a little past chasing skirts :-)

I'm podcasting because its fun.

We have little enough in our lives that is actually fun! Why would I ever give it up?

Herrad got in there before you.

But I want to hear you too.