Thursday, April 12, 2007

msb-0133 What's happening?

msb-0133 What's happening?

intro

---- "Moving Target" by: "Douglas Kay" http://www.douglaskay.com/

Feedback
comes first, so...

Sorry but you folks are not stepping up to the plate, (okay, in some cases its schlepping up to the plate, [the best I can manage leaning on my cane,] and in some cases its wheeling up to the plate,) with emails or voice mails so I'm afraid this episode is all about me and mine.

---- "keep on moving comfortable mix " by: "EEE" http://eee.yorozoo.com/

Feed forward comes next, so...

Same crap, different day.

This is "your" segment to do with as you wish so, if you choose to do nothing with it... I'm not going to argue.

---- "Keep on Moving" by: "Evolver
" http://evolver.co.za/

Feed Me! come third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "
keep on moving" by: "Under" http://www.underthemusic.com/

Main Topic: What's been happening?

Quite a lot as it turns out.

I went to the PodcampNYC and gave my little presentation. It went over well and the feed-back sessions went well. I actually enjoyed myself in spite of myself.

While I was there, "Herrad" was posting her episode (it may be in Dutch, but it didn't cost you
anything, my gentle MSer audience, to take a listen [or to skip the show if Dutch isn't your cup of tea.])

She propelled MSBPodcast into a multinational, multi-linguistic podcast. (Heck, not even Adam Curry, the "PodFather" himself, can boast a podcast of such wide reaching scale yet. [I wish him all the best with starting up a German language version of Podshow. {Lord knows, its not easy! I've got no takers from there and I've gotten plenty of hits in Germany (look on the maps and the stats on MSBPodcast.com and check.) } ] :-)

By the way, that just goes to show the value of borders when dealing with disease: "none!"

While languages enrich us all with their diversity, national borders impoverish us all with their irrational, illogical and futile divisions along entirely arbitrary and constantly disputable geographical lines.

"Homer's been in touch as well and we should be getting something from him as well.

I have set up a little "pied a terre" west of Philadelphia for my day job. (Adden-dumb, the requirement went away, as did I, which leaves me with a whole mess of crap to undo. One week, I was hearing from our sales drone about how I could "count on being there a year or two." The next week, its "Sorry!" [Sigh! What unmitigated "mishigoss..."])

There are a million details to take care of and worry about when starting a home-away-from-home and I've been up to my butt in alligators coping. (Not wishing I could cope, but coping. Like what choice do I have? Its "do or die" everyday when you've got this disease. What's the difference with a little extra commuting?
[Sigh! Again, what unmitigated "mishigoss." Now I've got a brand new bed and nowhere to put it... I think I'm okay on the apartment lease. {I was only there less than a week and hadn't even moved in except for a bed. (Oh, and ComCast Internet [and a car, but I'm keeping that! ])}])

---- "Moving on" by: "KYAL" http://www.podshow.com/music/?artist_id=3895


Main topic, part "deux":

You know I am scared shit-less about what's been happening in my life, I mean apart from the MS.

I have had to leave my profession and my passion for programming for the tried (and greatly disliked) role of middle management.

I'm no longer down in the trenches doing the deed but now I'm in the rear guard motivating the troops, as it were, making sure they've got the skills, the info and the tools to follow through on the plan.

But this time, I understand my role better. (I still remember a line in
"Loser," the first hit song by "Beck": "I'm a driver. I'm a winner. Things are going to be different." [But of course "things" are never different. And you're a "loser" if you think that. "Things" don't change, so "you have to!" Adapt, or live out a poor, lonely, miserable decline and death.] )

---- "
Loser" by: "Beck" http://www.beck.com

Yeah...

I hope the hell the R.I.A.A. doesn't get on my ass, on Beck's record company's behalf, or just on G.P., for playing one old Beck song for my little MSer audience.

outro

No comments: