Wednesday, July 09, 2008

msb-0324 Shauna's Being Strong Again...

msb-0324 Shauna's Being Strong Again...

The Cymbals - My Brave Face

..

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

I have a quick and easy, painless and not too figgin' nosy customer survey that I really, really, really need you to go and fill out.

You can go to my podcast "page" [ http://www.msbpodcast.com ], click on the button on the left hand side of the page and anonymously answer a few simple questions.

I really need this.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

Believe it or not, I don't have anything to follow up "Paul Otlet" with.

Well not until Friday. :-)

---- "Brave Soldier" by: "Brendon Neill" http://brendon-neill.ukbands.net/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop us an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Braveheart - Came Ye Oer Frae France" by: "Caledonix" http://www.caledonix.de/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send us an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Bravely" by: "Mieka Pauley" http://www.mieka.com/

"Thesis:"

Unlike Shauna, I never got strong as an attempt at a compliment.

I was built like a white panther so that would have been pretty stupid. (I was not quite the "tear a phone book in half" type, but you could sense that I could do it after I left Montréal and got to Ottawa where the phone books were thinner. [Its actually pretty easy once you snap the spine.])

What I got a lot was "brave".

I don't which is stupider; brave or strong.

But people mean well, so you shut up, and hope they do.

---- "I Was Brave Today" by: "My Device" http://my-device.co.uk/

"Synthesis:"

Strength

I had come across a line that rang true with me and saved for when I began my blog. Then I went looking for the source of it. It came from this lady's "blog": [ http://www.tmjfriends.com/articles/after-the-cure/

 ]

Stacy was kind enough to let me quote her.



The line that so resonated with me?

Anyone who has ever gone through a serious illness has probably been told that they are “so strong,” when in fact, that strength has been mistaken for a patient’s need to not inflict any more emotional pain on those surrounding them.



Is my use of humor simply an attempt to make other people feel better? Or do I really just have an excellent sense of irony? I can also be quite sarcastic. Is that another defense mechanism? Or do I really just have an excellent sense of humor? Are my coping mechanisms deemed strength by other people? I certainly hope so.



Otherwise they'd be shocked to know how frightened I am sometimes. That would be a weakness. And most of us don't like others knowing our soft spots. The "cat's" [ http://www.things.org/%7Ejym/cats/pix/jackson-zo-bag.jpg ] out of the bag now though, isn't it?

---- "Scotland The Brave" by: "Caledonix" http://www.caledonix.de/

"Conclusion:"

I look at people who think "I'm so brave," and I have met a few, and I dismiss them as "so utterly unrealistic".

What choice do I have?

That's literally the question I ask myself constantly.

What options might be open to me, with a little finagling?

What alternative can I use?

That's how my mind works.

That's how my mind has always worked. (When you're a little kid surrounded by, and forced to interact with, bigger and unkinder kids, [Hell, I was so puny until my growth spurt that the "girls" bullied me,] well, "thinking on you feet's how you survive to even become an "older" kid.)

People!

Go figure...

With attitudes like that, I'm less crippled on my worst days than they are on their best days.

---- "fortune favours only the brave" by: "peter, bjorn and john" http://www.wichita-recordings.com/

Outro

No comments: