Monday, February 04, 2008

msb-0256 10,000,000 (In Binary)

msb-0256 10,000,000 (In Binary)

intro

Feedback comes first, so...

Yeah, I "wish" I had ten million downloads.

Hah!

Not even in my wettest, nastiest dreams.

Instead I'm looking up at binary 10,000,000 per day. (Still that none too shabby considering the numbers: 1 in 1,200. [And that's "up," not at. I'm not quite there yet. {I'm frankly impressed considering the fact that all my feed back has been from either the bands I've featured or from MSers. That's an incredibly focused group.}])

I'm just the DJ for this little podcast, this little audio train wreck. (Okay, I have to do everything else too, from printing business cards to marketing [and I frankly suck at marketing... {I don't think I could sell lighter fluid to "Torquemada." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1s_de_Torquemada )}])

----

I'm starting, (reading, [finishing,]} "The Brain That Changes Itself" by: "Norman Doidge, M.D." ISBN 978-0-14-3113310-2 and it is "Fantastic!"

Not to put too fine a point in it, if chance favors the prepared mind, pursuing my reading in the sequence that I have ("Steven Pinker"'s "The Stuff of Thought" to "Sandra and Matthew Blakeslee"'s "The Body Has a Mind of Its Own" to "Jeffrey M. Schwartz and Sharon Begley"'s "The Mind & The Brain",) has put me in the extremely enviable position of being able to "grok" the words on the page.

I was able to determine what the approach needs to be for "anyone" to try to cope with MS by retraining our brain to do what our minds want done.

The techniques are as individual and idiosyncratic as the expressions of MS but the process of tailoring the treatments is the same.

And, quite apart from the use of neuro-plasticity to overcome the effects of this disease, its so refreshing to be able to see and understand what the Hell I'm trying to accomplish by making up and doing these exercises.

I also understand now that most physiotherapy clinics (and the insurance companies which support them,) give up "too damn fast".

---- "FT Marcie Vocal Mix" by: "DEREK TheBandit VS James Nelson" http://www.soundrepublic.co.za/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Two Timin´ Lady" by: "Eager To Please" http://www.myspace.com/egr2plz

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

The next tune reminds me of another podaster "P.W. Fenton" on "Digital Flotsam".

---- "The Word" by: "3 Blind Mice" http://www.catsaway.com/

"Thesis:"

You may have noticed that what I do mostly is "read".

I'm like a funnel for all the information out there.

I also plumb the depths of the PMN to find you some music (but don't worry "Miss Chris" [ http://azchick.blogspot.com/ ], I'll warn you in the title if I play Country&Western. :-)

The goal of the existence of this podcast is to provide some music (a lot of music [and I'm working on seeing how I could plays "requests" from the audience as part of something called "The Organization for the Preservation of the Soundtrack of Our Lives." {But the requester has to tell me "why" he wants the tune and "what he was doing at the time".}])

But you have to tell me in an email (to the usual: charles at MSBPodcast.com.)

It can't be something currently on the air (like about 99.9% of the music out there. They've already been pulled off the air. The consolidation of radio has shrunk the playlist down to a handful of new music songs and some churning of a couple of hundred songs. ["If I hear "Freebird" one more time, I'm going to spew all over this damned bar!"])

---- "Hospital Problems" by: "A Spectre Is Haunting Europe" http://www.aspectreishauntingeurope.com/

"Synthesis:"

I read mostly for two reasons:

First, I have "always" been an avid reader.

My mother was the head librarian for "Ville LaSalle", amongst a few other careers, my father was a printer, and I swear I have ink for blood.

When I was a kid (like really young,) I used to read. (And there was no such thing as a bad book in my family. I was reading "Le Petit Simonin" when most of the other kids were doing whatever the hell it was that they were doing. [I also learned to read English from comic books. "Stan Lee" was my deity. {I know he's "not" but everything he touched was so-oo goo-oood.} I still keep an onomatopoeic speech style because of him.])

In the eighties I read a book a day for over a year (Now I'm not saying I slept too well. I used to fall asleep at 03:00 and get up at 07:00 everyday.)

I'm obsessive about reading.

I'm compulsive about reading.

I can't think of living in a world without the ability to question those who aren't present or those who have "gone before".

And the internet, combined with Google, has so expanded my life that I am an unadulterated creature which depends on it for my very life.

Second, I have MS.

I'm hardly going to go out dancing, now am I?

What the hell else do I have to do with my time?

I lost my job (I wasn't allowed to do it properly anyway. [Yeah, I know. Sounds like "Sour Grapes" right?])

I wrote for a living (albeit a meager one,) in the nineties.

I can only hope that I am still as entertaining now as I was then.

I am of course dependent on the willingness of others to support me. (despite the amount of money I have earned on my own [Sadly those are done. {I seriously doubt that I'll ever have anything to do with DP/EDP/Informatics/IT/MIS ever again.}])

---- "Disease" by: "Allison Crowe" http://www.allisoncrowe.com/

"Conclusion:"

Keep me in mind and call on me (or drop me an email: charles at MSBPodcast.com ) when you're traipsing down memory lane.

I still have 400+ vinyl records (only a fraction of what I used to have. I used to cover the walls with shelves full of 'em,) and 800+ CDs.

Maybe I've got the song somewhere, or we can work something out. (If you have a story, you have music as a soundtrack to that story. Tell me about it. and I'll feature it. :-)

Problem is that I still couldn't play you any selections from "Eeffin' Annie, Down Home" unless I come up with the same kind of story. This is an "amazing" album. (If I ever find a copy of "Moonquake", you're going to hear stories from my misspent youth. [Oh wow! I still remember "not" blowing smoke into "Fern's earache", instead scaring her into the campus nurse's office with some information about "mastoiditis". She was an "Aphrodite", a "Venus on the half-shell". Something you would weep at the thought of some disease blemishing that flawless skin, touching that perfect face. {If you had ever "seen Fern", (and, by all that's holy about the feminine form ... I had [insert heavy satisfied sighing.] Every delicious inch of her. God, she looked "unbelievable". [If only I had taken pictures of that succulent body, but photography was very far from m mind at those times.])}] :-)

---- "My Radio" by: "Bill Janovitz & Crown Victoria" http://www.qdivision.com/janovitz/index.html

Outro

3 comments:

Miss Chris said...

Thanks in advance for the country music warnings. lol That music really rubs me the wrong way...

Charles-A. Rovira said...

No problem. :-)

I've found some different kick-ass music to play.

But if you see any episodes labeled "NMCS" (Not Miss Chris Safe :-) you know not to bother listening.

Miss Chris said...

Thanks for the tip! lol