Friday, February 22, 2008

msb-0265 The Beeb

msb-0265 The Beeb

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

Grrr and fuck the world.

I'm having one of "those" days. (Hey! Wadda ya want? Life's a bitch and then ya die; then they throw dirt at ya; if you're lucky they've at least waited 'till you were in the ground...)

I love having symptom free days. (And that's most of 'em. :-)

I hate having the other kind.

My symptoms are "noisy" skin, discombulated coordination, (I hate feeling drunk without first having had the benefits of a couple of "good stiff belts",) and kee-rist only knows what's coming up next.

I guess that I shouldn't bitch, but I hate them days.

What are your days like? (I mean, I don't want to pry but, what does a bad day feel like to you? [Since you know its going to be read out, I don't even have to use your names, {unless you want me to.}])

And I'm getting some smell-o-vision hallucinations. (Everything smells like old "tea!?!" [Am I whacked-out, or what? {Okay... The tea smell has stopped, so that was definitely what I classify as "transient". (Weird ... Just weird.)}])

On a positive note, I'm averaging one download every ten minutes, every day, all day long.

I'm going to be at 50,000 slightly before I'd figured.

---- "Six Hours" by: "Zioneye" http://www.zioneye.se/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop us an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Radio **Single**" by: "Big Bang Radio" http://www.myspace.com/bbrmusic

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Six" by: "The Stepford Five" http://www.stepfordfive.com/

"Thesis:"

Actually, I'm getting pretty good at identifying which area of my brain is being affected (or afflicted because I can never be sure if this a symptom of degeneration or, uh, ¿generation, if I don't have other symptoms. [I seem to be in fine fettle otherwise.])

Which gets me into the topic of this podcast, albeit in a convoluted fashion, which is that the Beeb, the British Broadcasting Corporation, (or is that Company?) has released a whole bunch of shows to iTunes as "podcasts". [ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/directory/ ] (Got love the Beeb!)


---- "Sound Scientist-album version" by: "bill" http://www.billmusic.net/

"Synthesis:"

How would you like your fancy, your hobby, your obsession legitimized in one swell foop, uh, one fell swoop?

I'm "chuffed to little mint balls" (and I apologize to anyone who isn't a follower of Coronation Street [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street ] for using that expression,) that the Beeb, in its forward looking stance, has seen fit to peer into the future and scoped out that the internet was a liberating force, and not something to be stamped out.

(Don't cha jus' love English? Check out that last sentence: "looking, seen, peer, scoped out" and all of which mean "glommed on". :-)

They have legitimized podcasting and the internet as a source for information and media.

Now they're going to come up with a business model which has local, regional, national and international features. (Yeah, I know. Its glaringly obvious. Now I'm just waiting for some idiot lawyer in California to try to patent it. Forget it dude. Its already got prior art.)


---- "Song of Sixpence" by: "4 and 20 blackbirds" http://www.4and20blackbirds.com/


"Conclusion:"

Little by little and day by day, (who am I kidding, this was a huge leap into respectability,) podcasting is getting accepted as an ever more valuable player in the media landscape.

Now excuse me while I "bask in the glow"...


---- "Hey Hey Sister" by: "Laura Clap" http://www.lauraclapp.com/

Outro

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bad day for me consists of

(1) neuropathic pain in my legs which makes me adjust the way I stand and walk so then my back hurts.

(2) I feel trapped inside a body that won't do what I tell it to do. Many times I'll try to talk and I'll know what I want to say but I just can't get my mouth to form the word correctly.

(3) Being sound sensitive. Loud noises and lots of noise make me want to curl up in a fetal position and cover my ears.

(4) Being sensitive to touch ... even my clothes hurt me sometimes.

(5) I often drift when I walk and have to steady myself on nearby objects (and people) so I dont' fall. Last year I fell and dislocated my thumb which to this day I still can't bend.

On some days I may have only one of these symptoms and on some days I have all of them. I isolate on the really, really bad days.

I still struggle with understanding MS and have trouble feeling as if I have anything of value to offer to other MSers. I also don't retain much of what I learn which makes it more frustrating. I also feel as if when I talk about my symptoms it may sound like complaining so I hesitate to say anything to anyone. Even detailing all of this here makes me uncomfortable because as bad as it may read, it doesn't seem that bad to me most of the time. Not being able to think straight is the worst of it for me which seems to be a near perpetual state ... and now I'm rambling.

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Hello Friday's Child.

You always leave such well written and pithy comments.

I have to do a lot of takes before I get anything down that's understandable myself. It's so frustrating to now do over and over what used to be so effortless. (The backspace key on the keyboard is practically worn out. :-)

I love visiting your blog (I usually go and read it whenever MDMHvonPA's blog tells me that it has detected something new. [Bless that man. :-])

You have and are much of value by your mere existence.

Visiting your blog usually leaves me impressed at the iron core of your will and at the strength of your character.

Let others do the lifting that their lives has prepared them for and I know that you'll do whatever lifting you need to do to get on with your life.

And maybe we can teach each other along the way.