Friday, February 08, 2008

msb-0258 Well, here we are again...

msb-0258 Well, here we are again...

intro

Feedback comes first, so...

Dang, I wish I knew what kind of music "Miss Chris" [ http://azchick.blogspot.com/ ] liked because I wouldn't feel like I'm flying blind.

I hope she likes this and that it doesn't piss of her hubby. (It is definitely "not" insipid "girly chick music", but it feels like deep down, dirty, from the friggin' roots, use the block and kick off the "Tony Lamas" boots, kind of music that a "real man" would like. :-)

Yeah! I hope she plays you this and you're, uh, "inspired".

----

I'm pretty pissed off at LibSyn because their fu.. uh, darn post editor is goving me lots of trouble editing these posts when I post them the site. I'm supposed to be able to get my Amazon "co-conspirator" links to work, but lately, it just sucks.

---- "Im A New Man" by: "Jason Ricci" http://www.myspace.com/jasonricciandnewblood

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "The Rocker" by: "Jason Ricci" http://www.myspace.com/jasonricciandnewblood

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Blackbird" by: "Stingray" http://music.podshow.com/sue_html/images/websiteIcon.jpg

"Thesis:"

You have noticed that the music is a lot more "Blues Rock" and a whole lot less "New Age-ish" in these episodes.

I'm feeling a whole lot more "Blues Rock" and a whole lot less "New Age-ish" these days.

I'm feeling "good" from the soles of my feet to the top of my skull.

It got something to do with how much better I'm feeling about life in general and about knowledge in particular.

---- "Meet Me In The Middle" by: "Stingray" http://music.podshow.com/sue_html/images/websiteIcon.jpg

"Synthesis:"

I'm beginning to realize how much of my life was (and to a large extent still is) lived by instinct.

Its done me plenty of good, instinct has, as I've careened from one job to the next, one career to the next, hell one wife to the next, (and pity me men because they actually like each other so you "know" I ain't getting away with nuttin'.)

I'm now discovering how good my instincts were when I was recovering from the second episode (my first diagnosed episode,) back in 1985.

I'm rediscovering the exercises I did back then.

I am even discovering "why" I was doing them and how good they were for my sense of balance, for my sense of coordination, for my sense of "soma". (The sense that things belong together in time as well as space.)

Damn, I feel like I've been living in a shadow all this time, an echo, seconds behind myself and in multiple images.

I may never get back to who and what I used to be, but its so nice, (nah, as George Carlin said, "nice" is such a "flabby word",) its so "real" to be in touch with it.

I feel like I'm emerging from a long tunnel, a long dark tunnel, without signposts or milestones to tell me how far I've traveled and no maps to guide my way.

MS is an individual disease.

Its is up to all individuals to make their own way as they gropes towards towards the tunnel entrance.

There are no shortcuts to health.

But armed with knowledge, we are able to wield the weapons that medical science put at our disposal, in our arsenal, with better aim and to better effect.

---- "Slaughterhouse Blues" by: "Maria Daines" http://www.maria-daines.com/

"Conclusion:"

So here we are again, with me not having more than a general feeling of where I'm heading, how fast I'm hurtling towards it or how badly I'm burning up, well, everything, as I get there.

But its all good...

Wherever I end up is where I am meant to be.

I'll just keep crawling towards the light.

---- "Your Time Will Come" by: "Maria Daines" http://www.maria-daines.com/

Outro

4 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

"There are no shortcuts to health."


What ... wait. No pill for happiness either!? How am I going to be a good consumer if they don't give me the products they say I need!

Miss Chris said...

I'm pretty open minded about music...anything but country is my mantra. I listen to classical and hard rock...and lots of stuff in between. I'm not a fan of opera or rap but I can handle those more than country. I think it's the twangyness...it gives me migrains. And wouldn't you know, it's my husband's favorite! Gah!

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Give you the products you need?

That's what a whiny person who feels entitled to quality help would say.

From a producers' point of view, a good consumer doesn't ask all those silly questions.

He buys anything he's told to buy, and if they don't make anything for him specifically, he'll buy whatever in the unreasoning hope that it will help him. (What ever doesn't kill him makes him stronger, right? [And if it does, he's shut right the hell up, right?])

Next thing you'll be asking them to care.

What we've got in this country is a health-don't-care system.

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Okay Miss Chris.

No twanging :-)

No Conway Twitty chirping and warbling either.

And I have a vague suspicion that you'd absolutely hate Eefin' Annie Down Home.

I mean, mistake an ice-pick for a Q-Tip hate it. (And you'd try cleaning out my ears. :-)