Friday, May 09, 2008

msb-0298 Not This Again

msb-0298 Not This Again

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

Pity me, I don't have time to really say anything, except that Jeff of the band Sol3 which I featured on Monday's podcast agrees with me on the lamentable state of music videos nowadays.

If only I was busy with something that pays.

---- "Going Down Again" by: "Paul Collins" http://www.myspace.com/paulcollins

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

Hot of the web (no, I don't know how it got discovered:) "Who should MDs let die in a pandemic? Report offers answers" [ http://www.physorg.com/news129180991.html ]

I agree, the list won't have the names of anybody who's not rich and/or powerful.

MSers are a resource bunch, aren't we. Its either that or we're out of luck in "any" emergency.

---- "Back At It Again" by: "Anthony Stauffer and Holy Smoke" http://www.holysmokeblues.com/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "I cleaned up my act but now it's dirty again" by: "Molly and Sonny Boy" http://mollyandsonnyboy.com/

"Thesis:"

I have relapsing/remitting MS.

I live in the strange land where I can hope that how I felt when I got up is actually better than when I went to bed the night before. (Yeah... Sure...)

Of course, I could be worse off too, but that usually takes longer to develop and gives me a period of "noisy skin" (Its the only way I can describe it. I lose definition in my tactile sense.)

---- "alone again version alone" by: "celine mastrorelli" http://www.myspace.com/mastrorelliceline

"Synthesis:"

One of the most commonly reported symptoms is an impaired vestibular sense (screwed up balance,) combined with difficulty accelerating the leg muscles so they respond in time to the demands of walking... (Why do you think MSers have so much trouble getting around? Hey they would sell a lot of canes if only they could a make cool looking canes [mine is painted "traditional Chinese red") and took a look at their hands when holding a cane. (See your fingers, see the cane, bending in an arc in the opposite direction? I use a plastic pommel handle so my hand can grip and rest on the cane properly.)

Another common symptom is phantom pain, where the sensation is felt where it isn't (sometimes, there is no sensation, so you end up going nuts trying not only to scratch where you don't itch but you don't even itch anywhere.)

Then there are the loss of the fine motor coordination (that didn't stop me from learning to play the guitar, [and damn well too,] or to type, [but hand me a pencil and I'll give you such a look,]) the increased spasticity (which means that I have learned better than to carry a full anything,) the increased sensitivity to heat, (I don't fog up the bathroom mirror when I take a shower because I take cold or at best lukewarm showers. [That pretty much nixes, uh, conserving water, if you know what I mean. ;-])

Anything else is such a minor annoyance that I don't even notice.

(So what gets under "your" skins?

Drop me an email. "charles at msbpodcast.com".

We can crab, bitch, moan and engage in the ol' "Four Yorkshiremen" [ http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/four_yorkshiremen.htm ] [One of the best "Monty Python" skits ever.])

---- "You Must Be Born Again" by: "Jacques Grant" http://myspace.com/jacquesgrant

"Conclusion:"

Yup, it sure is a strange world, living with this MS.

You're going along fine for months, years or even decades, and all of sudden your world is tipped over like a sleeping cow.

---- "Wrong Again" by: "The Creamsicles" http://www.thecreamsicles.com/

Outro

No comments: