Wednesday, March 12, 2008

msb-0273 Milestones To Go Before I Sleep

msb-0273 Milestones To Go Before I Sleep

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

Montel Williams is not endearing himself to me right now by giving me almost no notice but, here goes:

On Thursday, March 13, Montel Williams will bring celebrities and poker fans together in a gala bash to benefit Multiple Sclerosis research. Williams, a show host with CBS for over 17 years, has combined the glitz of a celebrity benefit with the excitement and fun of poker. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards finding a cure for MS.
Check out the press release "here". [ http://www.yaktivate.com/pressyak/ ]

I've been finding good artists on the PMN so you're in for a treat. (The guys I've managed to find for the next few episodes are great, so think about clicking on the links and buying their music.)

---- "LIke A Knife" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Maybe" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Your Call" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

"Thesis:"

Shauna is back and she must have liked "Stopping by Wood On a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost [ http://www.amazon.com/Stopping-Woods-Snowy-Evening-Robert/dp/0525467343 ] at some point.

---- "Fall For You" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

"Synthesis:"

Items made from tin and aluminum are the traditional gifts for couples celebrating their tenth anniversary. In my parents' day, they would have received cake pans or cookie sheets, perhaps cutlery. The "modern" day gifts for the 10th anniversary are diamonds. Considering that aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's Disease and altering the blood/brain barrier, and I'm aware of "blood" diamonds, I guess I'll have to get myself a tin whistle or something like that as a gift. This week marks 10 years since MS entered my life.

MS has been in my life longer than any personal relationship I've ever had. People come and go, but MS will be with me forever. I hope to celebrate many more milestones with MS before I sleep.

Being of a "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" nature, I celebrate my anniversary. Today I took yummy chocolate cake to the MS Clinic in Halifax to share with the gang there. It's not so much a celebration of the anniversary or that I have MS, but more a celebration of how far I've grown as a person since 1998. It's a celebration of the things I've accomplished and learned and of the people I've had the fortune to meet.

I've been told that where you are at 10 years is a pretty good indicator of how your MS will progress. So, mine's going along at a snail's pace and that's good. I like snails.

---- "Suppose" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

"Conclusion:"

There's a lot to be said for being a snail, except for the ones on a menu of an expensive French restaurant.

Then I'd pass...

But enough idle chitchat.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
---- "Goodbye" by: "Secondhand Serenade" http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade

Shauna has written some more great episodes and we'll share those with you every Wednesday. :-)

Outro

2 comments:

Miss Chris said...

If it wasn't for a couple bloggers I wouldn't even know this was M.S. Awareness month. Shame on the media for not giving us our due.

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Hello Miss Chris,

what do you want? We only represent 0.0833% of the general population that they cater to.

The media don't give us a second of thought, (even though, to be properly represented, we should be getting about a minute per day.)

I think I'll have to start doing it for us because nobody else is doing it. (At least MSers are 100% of my audience.)

Look for my podcasts to start carrying News About and For MSers" from now on.

Ask me if this is what I wanted to do and I'll have to tell you that it wasn't.

Bringing us some entertainment and raising our profile was enough, I thought...

But I'm about to attend a conference because I have to.

Its about MS and Oral Therapies. (At least the drug manufacturers are looking at something other than the friggin' needles. [Of course, they're about to have to wrestle with all the problems of the digestive tract. {How 'bout using inhalo-therapies?}])