Friday, March 14, 2008

msb-0274 Back To The Topic At Ear, uh, Hand

msb-0274 Back To The Topic At Ear, uh, Hand

intro

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

MSBPodcast is "not" any kind of a medical podcast.

It is by and for MSers.

Its purpose is to keep us entertained, to explain our symptoms, to remark on our discoveries, and to raise the general consciousness about our disease.

The path to illness is shadowy, murky and rough strewn.

The path to wellness is lit by the lamp of knowledge.

----

Feedback comes first, so...

You may have noticed the clickable icon on my blog [ http://multiplesclerosisblog.blogspot.com/ ] site for the "Carnival of MS Bloggers."

They have a new post up.

You really should go over there and check "it" [ http://brassandivory.blogspot.com/2008/03/carnival-of-ms-bloggers-6-country-of.html ] out.

Its got a rather poignant story of life in a strange country: "MS".

I'm also trying to get a clickable icon or badge on Linda's site for the MSBPodcast.

The more we're cross linked, the better, but then the problem is one of keeping current. (She mentioned the fact that I actually repodcast at msb.podshow.com and now I'm gonna have a whole 'nother set of stats to integrate. (Awwww. Too friggin' bad. Success 's gonna suck, eh? [Its a good thing my commercial model can take multiple download points since the ads are done using a separate feed and server.])

----

A year or so ago, I was delighted to discover MDMHvonPA's "site" [ http://mdmhvonpa.blogspot.com/ ] which featured the "Haupertonian MS Cabal".

You can tell that MDMH is a techie because he tracks people by their last post date as well.

I hesitate to bother MDMH and ask him to put the same kind of badge for MSBPodcast on his site, but I think will. :-)

I think I'd like to see a single place where we MSers can reach out to each other as often and as openly as we want, or "not".

We're already making divisions along linguistic lines instead of national ones. (Take a look at my map if you want to see how far afield we MSers are spread.)

Oh ... If only there was a human being involved in sending all that spam, they'd hear this:
"To all of the makers of fake watches, fake meds, fake penis extensions and all of those fake Nigerian widows, you're all ending up in my trash before I even get to look at you."
I go to my mail servers once every couple of weeks and check on how accurate my spam filters are and they are quite astonishing. 100% rejection and narry a valid message amongst them. I can purge the whole lot without losing any legitimate traffic.

When IPv6 becomes standard, we should see the end of this plague of lies. (The new internet protocol will require authentication at every hop identifying the specific computer and will abort forwarding if the address is spoofed at any point along the chain, [which will ruin all of the botnets as well. Each computer, and the path to it, will be clearly identified.])

Messages originating from a computer will carry the identity of that computer and there is no way that the operator of the computer will be able to evade it. (And if it doesn't, the message stops right at the challenge point. Most spam would not be able to make a second hop past its own SMTP server.)

----

Onto a more relevant rant,

I am dealing with an updated stats package from LibSyn.

Its giving me different numbers than the earlier package. (I am showing about 56,300+ downloads with the new package but only 52,250+ downloads with the old package. That may be due to reporting partial downloads.)

I'm now trying to reconcile these numbers, but the new package is an Ajax based one and much, much faster.

Its also much more capable one and its giving me stats reporting capabilities that will save me a lot of work.

---- "Festival" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: "charles at MSBPodcast.com"


---- "Dark Sky" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: "charles (at) MSBPodcast.com"

---- "Somber" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine

"Thesis:"

This podcast episode is about the musicians that I am fortunate enough to discover on my various peregrinations through the collections at the PMN (the Podsafe Music Network.)

I am often lucky enough to come across some artist or other who is really really worth listening to, so I create a 'cast featuring them; like this one...

---- "Razor Concerto" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine

"Synthesis:"

Part of my fascination with musicians is because of my personal history, (I gave up on music back in the seventies because of the contracts that they wanted me to sign, [{I wasn't born yesterday so ...} I read them first and they were all, just thinly disguised legalized theft.])

Being a musician is long, thankless hours of hard work, and requires dedication as well as talent. We don't need these no-talent scavengers trying to eat at our entrails while we're trying to perfect our selves and our skills.

I really think that these people deserve your support (as well as mine, 'cause my CD collection keeps growing and growing. :-)

---- "Malignus" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine

"Conclusion:"

It is with delight that I create these "solo" shows which feature more than only one track by an artist.

I hope that by showing you that they are capable of the effort, you are capable of supporting them by clicking on the link (or going to the web page at my blog or in the show notes and getting the address off of there,) and buying their music.

(Why should I be the only one with a growing music collection. :-)

---- "Mello-D" by: "The Groove Mine" http://www.myspace.com/thegroovemine


Outro

No comments: