Thursday, October 23, 2008

msb-0342 Tell you what I'm going to do

msb-0342 Tell you what I'm going to do

This Time The Dream's On Me/Dream - Susannah McCorkle
..

I've just spent a very satisfying couple of days working on WSPC's wiki and the stoonts have jumped with both feets.

So I am going to release my shows again. There won't be any commercial focus and it will be aimed at a college audience but it will let you hear how I'm doing. (My sister thinks I'd deteriorated since heading down to Texas to see her. Well, be that as it may, I'm still having fun and revolutionizing how the media department is organized. [Now, lets just hope it lands me an internship somewhere as a writer and/or a researcher.])

Three shows a week will be featuring classical music but starting with a twist (because I start with something that "might" become a classic. [When have you ever known me to do anything straight up. {I'm having a ball with this. :-}])

The last episode (well tomorrow's as the station play's em) even featured some book-ending with "Tuvan Throat Singing" and some minimalist music (comparing and contrasting Maurice Ravel's "Bolero" with Phillip Glass' "Koyaanisqatsi".)

I'm also doing something about peak oil ("P34k O1l" in 'leet speak as anyone know from reading the comic strip "Mega Tokyo" [ http://akiko.megatokyo.com/ ],) and I've been getting "deer in the headlights" reactions from the kids so I know I'm getting to them. (I'm playing all modern podsafe music in that. :-)

Since all the music is either public domain or podsafe, I don't have to worry about stepping on anybody's copyrights.

So keep your iTunes subscribed and/or keep showing up at the web sites. (And thank you for the continued downloads of the show. I'm up to 97,000 now and I'm quite frankly stunned. :-)

Coming Monday: Podcasts of every episode of "ThymeWarp" and "P34k O1l"

No comments: