Wednesday, June 20, 2007

msb-0167 I'm countin' I'm countin'

msb-0167 I'm countin' I'm, countin'

intro

One of the things I'm countin' is the number of downloads.

As of 12:00 Friday, June 22nd, 2007, when I'm writing this, I'm at 13,349. (Update: its 22:51 Sunday, June 24, 2007 and I am just a hair under 14k downloads. [Okay, so its its 13,997. That's, uh, pretty close to "a hair". {Update: its 10:03 Monday, June 25, 2007 and I'm at 14,033 downloads. That's what I'm talkin' about. You get the 'casts when you're ready for them. Who needs a schedule? (Its now 21:30 June 25, 2007 and I've got 14,068 downloads. Whew! [Its now 10:00 June 26,2007 and I'm at 14:123. The internet's always on somewhere, isn't it. ] ) } ] :-)

Seems like not that long ago I was thrilled at reaching 10k.

I didn't even notice passing 11k.

Then I said something about having reached 12k on msb-0163, and now I'm at 13k and its only msb-0167. That only four, count 'em, 4, episodes.

Like, "wow!"

The pace is picking up?!?

----"Space Monkey" by: "Jim Hodgson" http://www.jimhodgson.com/

Feedback comes first, so...

Ms. Chris [ http://azchick.blogspot.com/ ] is making grumbling noises on my blog I can only agree with.

Yep. Medicine sucks almost as bad as needing it.

But she did get to go to a concert featuring "The Police" that I can only drool about.

----

My Nerdcore bro's are happy to be getting some air play.

----

I just discovered some interesting thing in my email this morning. (See, its not "all" Spam. :-)

PatientsLikeMe [ http://www.patientslikeme.com/ ] is a new site for, well, "patients like me" . (And neither are we all in the hospital nor are we all destitute charity-case wretches. [Like who can project them selves into "that?"])

Its a pretty sophisticated site with lots of information and its "a team effort" which means that they actually listen to you with your suggestions and your feed-back.

(Its more like a "community" site. You not expected to just to sit there and "sip from the fountain" ["drink the Kool-Aid", put up, pay up, shut up, while the parma co's screw us up; feeding us a line while seeing just how much we can tolerate and how much blood and cash they can draw from our veins and our wallets.])

Go and check them out. [ http://www.patientslikeme.com/ ]

----


Apart from that, there's isn't any feedback. [sigh]

We'll see if that situation remains the same after my ad for MSBPodcast.com appears in "MS Insider" :-)

---- "Twelve Monkeys" by: "Josh Woodward" http://www.joshwoodward.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: charles at MSBPodcast.com

---- "Monkey Chips" by: "Van Davis" http://www.vandavis.com/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Smack the Monkey " by: "Pennenga" http://dpennenga.com/

Main Topic: "I'm countin' I'm countin'"

Its my blessings that I'm countin'.

Here's all the crap, all the minuses in my life.

Leaving the circumstances out of it (living changes your view of life itself,) lets just say it hasn't turned out like anybody thought it would.

Existentially, my body is my enemy, in a dispassionate, casual sort of way.

Infection, a particular, peculiar environmental trigger, related in some way to the flu virus, is at the start of a cascade which starts with a sniffle and ends in a hospital bed, with me lying in it, hoping that I don't lose too much, this time; that I will get over this, this time , and still be able to get up and get out of the bed.

I used to be a musician. I used to be a dancer. I used to be able to do a jillion things, including god-damn walking.

But MS robbed me of some of that, specially the walking. (I was through and well done with music and dance as a means of earning anything by the time I had my last exacerbation.)

---- "Digital Monkey " by: "Balkan Beat Box" http://www.myspace.com/balkanbeatbox

Main Topic, part deux:

Yeah, my life is full of crap, (as am I, [as I'm sure anybody'll tell you,]) but, all in all, I am blessed.

I have a job that is very cerebral, so I'm not stuck, unemployed, and unemployable, somewhere out in the boonies, waiting to get clobbered by that "great semi in the sky".

[censored by "She who must be obeyed"]

I have friends, not a lot of 'em, but the ones I have are the "best".

And I have this podcast.

You, my audience, have no idea how "vital" you are to my maintaining a sense of mental balance.

This podcast has seen me grow from feeling trapped in "an embittered dead-end" into a full and rich life.

Its not the material things that changed. [censored by "She who must be obeyed"]

Its my attitude to everything that has changed.

Since I began this podcast in February, 2006;
  • I now have a post-secondary degree;
  • I changed career from being a "Code Monkey" to managing them;
  • I got some insight into how the new media, the inter-networked media will cause changes in the existing economic models we've been stuck with for the past century;
  • I got some great feedback (albeit very occasional,) from you.
---- "Code Monkey" by: "Jonathan Coulton" http://www.jonathancoulton.com/

Outro

No comments: