Thursday, August 03, 2006

msb-0041 Sub Pop ... popped.

msb-0041 Sub Pop ... popped.

Man, its scorcher out there; another day of sitting by the noisy air conditioner, not venturing outside of my office.

Its still too friggin' HOT!

----

I'm featuring some more of the music I found at the SubPop site because some of it is really listenable and fits into my format.

Music with a certain "je ne sais quoi."

----

Feedback comes first so here goes ...

From you my audience, (and I know you're out there, the episodes ARE being downloaded,) there's bupkis. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

A great sucking silence cloying at my soul. (Not really, but I figure its more dramatic sounding.)

Actually, I'm running an little experiment with GaragaBand and putting stuff out there in 'm4a' format and I'd like to know if anyone out there WITHOUT AN IPOD can pick them up on their MP3 players and get the full benefit of the changing images and chapters, or not as the case may be.

Send me an email charles@MSBPodcast.com.

----

Mark Yashimoto Nemcoff, who hosts the Pacific Coast Hellway, said in an email that he might use some of the music that I find on his show.

He quoted from another letter/email from me on today's show, and he mentioned MSBPodcast. Anything that gets the word out there is good... Who hoo! :-)

Yes, Podshow was not mentioned in the WSJ article "Mogul of New Media," but since Podshow has some investors and an actual business model, I'm not so sure that that's a bad thing.

Its getting the world ready and stirring up interest, while keeping the good stuff for potential investors for later.

I suspect that Podshow won't get properly examined until"Shadow Falls" gets finished,
"Ancestor" gets made into a movie OUTSIDE of the traditional channels;
and that this indie production makes some money for
the PMN for producing it,
the PDN for carrying it out to the fifty plus million iPod carrying audience, and
for and its investors, that would be me and thee and anyone else who sticks his or her wallet out when the idea gets floated out there.

----

Likewise I'm trying to get in touch with the PodPyrate, Johnny Velcro.

He seems to have podfaded on hiatus for a while now now so I'm wondering ... could I use his intro again?

----

I'm scouring the 'Net for podsafe mp3s and record companies, including 'beck's, that might be enticed into putting some tunes on the PMN, so that I could play them on this 'cast and other people could play 'em on their 'casts.

The GarageBand website is calling to me again with their selection of tunes, like the Sirens calling to Odysseùs.

----

In the meantime, I've got some more tunes from SubPop to fling your way so lets get the obligatory permission out of the way:

----

Question.

Dear Sub Pop, I was wondering if we could play (insert Sub Pop band here) or any of the songs readily available from your site on one of our up coming podcasts?

Answer.

While we're unable to give you blanket permission to use any ole song you want from our catalog, you may incorporate any of the songs that are freely available as MP3s in the multimedia section of this website http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/multimedia.php into your podcasts.

HOWEVER, we do reserve the right to change our mind about the availability of any song for any reason at any time.

----

They really should hook up with the PMN and be able to track all their music as it percolates through everybody's podcasts.

No comments: