Thursday, August 03, 2006

msb-0043 Was it good for you too?

msb-0043 Was it good for you too?

Feedback come first so ...

How did you like a shorter daily podcast? Its a bit more demanding in research but its a lot easier on my speech (and on your ears, I guess.)

Email me at charles at MSBPodcast.com.

Or record a voice email at www.MSBPodcats.com.

----

From the download stats, it wasn't so good.

Maybe you like the old format better; only twice a week.

Then again, maybe you're taking summer vacation.

I can't know unless you tell me. charles at MSCPodcast.com

Basically I've only had half the downloads that I usually do.

Its hard to make anything of that except that, since I didn't do anything else (except play some cool bands like CSS,) from my usual episodes.

----

One Crazy Chick got in touch with me after I mentionned going to Tai Chi on Friday (msb-0041 Broken).

Here is my reply:

"I love Tai Chi. I have derived a lot of benefit from it. I always feel energized and relaxed at the same time after the sessions.

While I would recommend it to anyone, I would check with a physiotherapist first to see if it might be contra-indicated for any reason.

Since you're into karate, you might find the pace quite slow. Its all about grace and flow. (Though some of the routines will leave you hurting, but it a good way. :-)

----

You may have noticed a return of Johnny Velcro's "Pod Pyrates" intro. He's allowing me to use it again.

(I love asking for permission. It lets me bounce emails around and catch up on how people are doing.)

He's been taking his kids everywhere while he and his wife have been house hunting. He's still looking though so its been a frustrating exercise.

----

I've just finished watching Bill Moyers speaking with Pema Chödrön.

Pema Chödrön is, to quote Mr. Moyers' pages on the PBS web site: (http://www.pbs.org/moyers/portraits_chodron.html, [it's all in the show notes folks, all in the show notes,]) "an American Buddhist nun and author whose teachings and writings on meditation have helped make Buddhism accessible to a broad Western audience."

I was stunned by this woman. By her own admission she no longer ventures forth from the monastary in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

Her health may be failing but I was the presence of a wellspring of sanity and of calm springing forth from this woman.

I was also stunned by her attitude toward deity, any deity.

She has written many books, the latest being No Time to Lose: A Timely Guide to the Way of the Bodhisattva (Hardcover) ISBN: 1590301358.

Go to Amazon and buy this book. I have just ordered my copy on another tab in my browser.

We have chosen radically different paths to get to the same place. I admire her path as much as she would admire mine.

I have found a place and a time for deity and for myself and I let deity be in deity's place and time and deity can let me be in my place and time.

(Who would have ever thought of Max Planck as a theosopher. Sub-Planck space-time is made up of units shorter than 1.61624 × 10-35 meter and spans of time shorter than 5.39121 × 10-44 second.)

----

I am still waiting to hear if Carlo Magno will be resuming the trek from Seattle to New York.

----

ChefsForMS is still looming large ahead of me.

Eight bottles of good wine and my lips won't touch a drop of their content.

And since I won't be at home relaxing, but I'll be working instead, promoting the podcast, I'll have to be on my best behavior that whole evening. Dang ...

----

----

No comments: