Wednesday, July 18, 2007

msb-0177 Damn it all.

msb-0177 Damn it all.

intro

---- "Time Grows Long" by: "2012" http://music.podshow.com/music/producers/producerLibrary/www.twentytwelverecords.com

Feedback comes first, so...

There is none from you.

Well except for "Miss Chris" and "mouse" replying on my blog about the lack of coverage of MS (and some comments about Ms Meredith Viera) in the wider media.

But what can you expect?

We're definitely "not" representative.

As I wrote, [ https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=21421591&postID=367456358353260339 ]
"the mass media is the mass media and we MSers don't represent the mass in any way, shape or form.

That's why MSBPodcast is so important.

Nobody else is positioned to bring MSers news that matters to them, and only to them.

(Yes, I'll get around to doing more interviews.

I did it once through Skype to prove it could work.

Then I recorded a podcamp session with my remote to prove it could work.

I then started two international multi-lingual collaborations to show how far we could reach.

Believe me, I know that I've got a tiger by the tail. :-)

This is a model for the rest of all time on how "do media" on the internet for heretofore ignored niches."

---- "Take Time for the Tub" by: "Derek K. Miller" http://podcast.penmachine.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: charles at MSBPodcast.com

---- "TiMeLapse" by: "DJOC" http://oregonchad.com/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Two Chicks At The Same Time" by: "furiousBall" http://furiousball.com/

Main Topic: "Damn it all."

Its not like I wanted to do this podcast but I've got MS and we MSers are part of a silent minority.

We belong to the 500 million people living on this planet who are disabled. (I'm talking about a whole lot more than the 0.0833% of the population, the people who are living at a statistical vanishing point, who gets this damn disease. I'm talking about how "everybody" gets ignored.)

We're silent, not because we want to be, but because of the tyranny of demographics.

It neither sad or happy, its just a fact. We are rarely worth spending any resources, like money, time or attention.

If you have a product which can be used for a variety of diseases, like a cane, or a power wheeler more likely, and you think the rate of return on one of those TV ads on some late late show might bring enough revenue to make it worth it, maybe you'll run a few ads, once a quarter, (and hope that you haven't wasted your money.)

---- "Its Time" by: "Mike Drazka" http://www.mikedrazkamusic.com/

Main Topic, part deux:

Well, "we" have the incentive to get on with creating our own media channel.

And we also have a dread advantage.

It not like we can just get up one day and walk away from it.

No podfading is likely to happen with me, that's for sure.

MS is like ugly luggage. You can't even give it away.

Once you've got a confirmed diagnosis, burying your head in the sand only works while you're in remission and "unscarred".

Well, I'm scarred. My nervous system is scarred.

So I'm going to continue doing this podcast "for the duration."

---- "Same Damn Time" by: "Mike Andersen Band" http://www.black-and-tan.com/

Outro

2 comments:

Homer said...

Keep hitting us!
Yeah! It's true. MSers are a minority. With you, definitely NOT a silent one!
Still in Athens, still without an internet connection BUT with GUTS to keep working on my website and keep answering to email who wish to find about Dr Klenner's protocol for MS.

So much lies for the MS therapy and so much hidden, simple truths.
I will continue. Besides I will have enough time to rest when I die :) and I still have time...

I'm here Charles. I will be here.
Homer

PS: How is it going with my podcasts? Do you have any statistics to send? The Greek audience loves me :D

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Gaia Homer,

right now you're at 350 readers/listeners on my stats, fourth behind the USA, England and Canada (since I started keeping stats with NeoWorks.)

You are slightly ahead of the Netherlands.

(The number of downloads from LibSyn are even more encouraging. :-)

The Greek audience does indeed love you.

WE are being heard!

Until the next time you can send me me your podcast then my brother.

(I will definitely wait for you to help me make some noise.

Stay in the best of health. :-)