Monday, August 06, 2007

msb-0182 Beauty

msb-0182 Beauty

intro


---- "nameless Beauty" by: "Musuca" http://musuca.webd.pl/

Feedback comes first, so...

My wife is back from Peru.

She brought back some things, like a bad rash and wicked cold, the latter of which she says she is sorry about sharing with me ...

But as I sit here with sniffling furiously next to a growing pile of used snot-rags in the trashcan and feeling generally miserable, I'm noticing her smile at me and I wonder.

Onto other news:

My total downloads are over 20,000.

The active audience (people who keep coming back,) is growing as is the average audience (people who keep coming back plus people who only come occasionally.)

---- "the beauty of imperfection - shortcut" by: " No Tie Generation" http://www.notiegeneration.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

This is "your" segment.

Say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers whatever "you" want to share.

Drop me an email: charles at MSBPodcast.com

I have just read "The Laws of SiMplIciTy" by "John Maeda" (ISBN: 0-262-13472-1)

Its a great little book. In 100 pages, plus a sources list, an index and a parting thought he manages to tell us about the oft ignored place of simplicity in design, technology, business and life.

I whole heartedly recommend reading it, regardless of what you do for a living because ... its about living.

---- "Myth of Beauty" by: "The Carnies" http://www.myspace.com/thecarnies

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Clothed In Beauty" by: "Canopy" http://www.canopymusic.net/

Main Topic: "Beauty"

My ad will be appearing shortly in "insidems".

Given their large, well-focused circulation, I figure that is currently the best way to keep growing the audience of MSers without getting too many other parties involved.

The fact of the matter is that, as I stand poised on the verge of being either discovered or ignored by MSers out there, I am strangely unconcerned.

I have been carrying these shows for a hundred and eighty two episodes, picking podsafe tunes and topics for a small (but unfortunately growing) audience, and giving an opportunity for advertisers of MS specific therapies, drugs and regimens to reach us, their constituency (the people who are their market.)

I'm happy to pretend to be a DJ (I used to be a musician in my younger days and like to think that I do have some taste [basically, I can pick a theme, some tunes and I love to yackity yack.]) and bring my 'cast to MSers, to establish a presence in an audio medium.

Besides, I don't think I could possibly cut it in the looks department, so doing video is an experience, make that a disappointment, that I will spare us both. (I'm no beauty. :-)

Speaking of music, I discovered "Mocean Worker" [ http://www.moceanworker.com/ ] while surfing the web and they are fantastic. I bought their album off of iTunes (make that albums, I "like" 'em,) and I'll see about securing some permission to play their stuff because its fan-friggin-tastic.

---- "Sleeping Beauty" by: "Jules Nerve" http://www.voidobjects.com/

Main Topic, part deux:

If anybody cares what my criterion for success from this advertising campaign is, it is that I raise the number of listeners by one order of magnitude (from 100 per show right now, on average to 1,000 per show by October, on average.)

Since they have circulation of about 500,000, that means I would have .2 percent (that .002) of their readership also to come to my podcast. (If it works, then I'll have a decision to make about running more ads.)

Not that this would affect this show, the production values or much of anything else, but it would be nice to have a wider audience to get some feedback from, and maybe to get some feed-forward from too.

I'm just waiting on Homer from Greece and Herrad from the Netherlands for more of their episodes.

Their participation has made MSBPodcast into a multi-national, multi-lingual experiment "cum" catharsis.

I am still astonished at the world-wide reach of both this disease and this podcast.

I have picked up a listener/reader in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, for Pete's sake.

---- "Your Beauty is a Knife I Turn on my Throat" by: "Eagle Seagull" http://www.eagleseagull.com/

Outro

No comments: