Thursday, May 03, 2007

msb-0144 Get a Cluj

msb-0144 Get a Cluj

intro

---- "Words and Clues" by: "The Giles Gooden Band" http://www.myspace.com/gilesgoodenband

Feedback comes first, so...

I've had some but I'm keeping this under my hat.

Basically, I don't want to curse it by even whispering it.

But I can tell you that the ad is on its way, along with my hard earned money.

---- "Died Clueless" by: "Radio Orphans" http://music.podshow.com/music/listeners/artistdetails.php?BandHash=dbd9c7f5c48f499764688cc5b43372e1

Feed Forward comes next, so...

[... cricket chrips ...]

---- "You're Clueless" by: "Pudge" http://pudge.net/tunes/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Leave a clue" by: "Peter Rooney" http://www.indiestore.com/peterrooney

Main Topic: Get a Cluj.

I had a visitor to my blog or podcast from there and it sparked this "blast from my past" of a show.

Cluj is a decent sized town in Romania.

By coincidence, its population is about the same as the number of MSers in the United states: 340,000.

I found it notable, once, actually quite a while back, because one of its four star hotels is called the "Agape" which is a Greek term used to represent divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, volitional, thoughtful love.

The use of the word in English does not do it justice. English is such a poor language for expressing it in all its forms and this is surprising because English is such a, uh, word borrower.

(Told you I was a "weird kid". Between Reading "Simenon" and "les bande dessinee," I used to scour dictionaries and encyclopedias for anything that caught my eye and sparked a connection. [I was either truly awesome or truly annoying. {I loved to lie on my stomach on the carpet with the "Rand McNally International Atlas", (it didn't matter that I was "French", a place's name is a place's name,) a couple of dictionary (usually the Robert,) and the "Petit Robert" and the "Columbia Encyclopedia" and just leaf through them all. :-} ] )

---- "You Dont Have A Clue " by: "Ken Dirschl" http://www.planforconquest.com/

Main Topic, part deux:

And in case you thought I hadn't noticed that this is episode 144, the next song is my way of , uh, cluing you in that I did.

---- "Let's Get Gross" by: "The Jim-Jims" http://www.weerockrecords.com/jimjims.html

Outro