Wednesday, May 30, 2007

msb-0154 Memories

msb-0154 Memories

intro

----"Melodic Memory" by: "Brian Drotar" http://www.drotar.com/

Feedback comes first, so...

Don't worry I'm not going to start singing the song" "Memories."

As far as I'm concerned: "it sounds like its sung by cats".

As you might guess, there isn't a lot of "musicals" on my iPod.

I like music; I'm less crazy about musicals. They're like "almost" music; music like almost.

----

But I'm up over 11,000 downloads.

Memory is right.

My old shows are giving me a boost from new listeners downloading them. (When I'd finally evolved this format, I had a lot of kick-ass good music packed into a half-hour show. And if it was pretty good then, its pretty good now. :-)

The shows are evergreen, and there all available except for the first thirteen, but its giving me some problems nonetheless. (And they're the kinds of problems I like. :-)

---- "Future Memory" by: "Heth and Jed" http://www.hethandjed.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

Some things are best left unsaid, but this is "your" segment; that's all I'm saying.

But you can say "your" piece on this segment.

Share with other MSers what ever "you" want.

Drop me an email: charles (at) MSBPodcadst.com

---- "Theives Of Memory" by: "Parlour Steps" http://www.parloursteps.com/

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Losing Your Memory " by: "Todd Sharpville" http://www.myspace.com/toddsharpville

Main Topic: "Memories"

What is the role of memory in being who we are?

Everything we are, and everything we can hope to become is formed and informed by our memory of who we were.

I'll be remembering this Memorial Day weekend for a long, long time.

I loved Pensacola Florida.

The beach was pristine white sand; the sea was a pure ocean blue with white caps on the waves as the breakers came rolling onto the shore; the sky was a pure azure blue with white clouds scudding across it and I was nearly blinded by it all. (That's when I realized I'd forgot to pack my sunglasses, they were on a shelf on the right side of the CD cabinet in my living room in Jersey City, so I now own yet another pair. :-)

---- "Memory" by: "Tomaas" http://www.tomaas.net/

Main Topic, part deux:

Memory might seem to be an enormously complicated affair since it involves so much of our personality.

But the transformation of long-term memory from the short-term memory its actually controlled by a small and simple region of our brain. (I know this because my own mother had that section of her brain knocked out by a series of small strokes.)

The actual encoding and storage mechanisms are quite unknown to this writer. (I could/should/would do some research but its not really important for this piece.)

Given the nearly holographic distribution of our memory throughout our brain, it seems incredible that we can forget anything once it enters long term storage.

Memories are said to fade and recede into oblivion as our need to recall them becomes superseded by new things we have learned, but they never really go away entirely.

Sometimes all that's needed is a scent, a sound or a sight to bring everything rushing back.

---- "Absinthe Minded " by: "adrienne pierce" http://www.adriennepierce.com/

Outro

No comments: