Sunday, May 06, 2007

msb-0146 Brains, which is what we're really all about

msb-0146 Brains, which is what we're really all about



intro

----"Re Your Brains" by: "Jonathan Coulton" http://www.jonathancoulton.com/

Feedback comes first, so...

"Welcome back indeed Miss Chris!"

I loved the comments you left on my blog.

It sparked some good thoughts, and some good thinking, on my part.

I've got some from "Herrad" too.

We're working to promote her show too.

And I've heard back from "insideMS".

The ad will be running in the November/December issue.

I'll see if there is any uptake in the number of visitors and/or downloads (and maybe some feedback :-)

It points out the glacial pace of the print media versus the lightning pace of podcasting.

It also points out the competitive race for 'placement space' in something with an editorial budget (the space available to run ads, where content is at odds with advertisers paying for and competing with each other for some area on a limited paper plane. [The economics of an artificial scarcity.])

I'd just have make my shows a little longer to run "reminder ads" on my shows, and it doesn't detract in any way from having people download the full "evergreen ads" from my server when "they" want/need to see them (not necessarily when the advertisers get the space on my server to host them.)

This is podcasting. This is new media... The audience is in control.

We make up our advertising budgets from a virtually infinite page spread.

We're not tied to any stinkin' clock 'cause the internet don't need no stinkin' transmitters.

---- "Deep in the Brain " by: "Steffen Coonan" http://www.steffencoonan.com/

Feed Forward comes next, so...

[... again with cricket chrips ...]

C'mon folks.

You must have something to say to the other MSers.

So write me: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com, or better yet say your piece on the widget on the left hand side of the page at MSBPodcast.com

Meanwhile, I have found out friggin' tasty Bison can taste in my wife's very capable cooks hands. (There is a market on 14th street in Manhattan witch is absolutely fabulous. I can't say enough good things about it. Yes its too expensive, but this is "Noo Yo'k". Everything is too expensive.)

I knew it was good from eating it before (I used to have it, on rare occasions, at "Geronimo's" in "Montreal, Quebec Canada", [along with mustang steak,]) but tonight (Sunday, May 5, 2007) I had the best meal I have ever had.

Fuck-a-duck, (and knowing how I feel about duck, that's actually saying something,) I ate like I had never eaten before in my life. Oh my holy Jeez, it was good. If I was a dog and had a tail I'd be wagging it right now. (We won't go into what a cat would demand. :-)

Bison steak, carrots, miniature brown and blue potatoes, asparagus tips, sorrel and love.

Its was just the best best meal I've ever eaten.

Strike that! (No! I'll save this culinary feast for next time, but I'll tell you that my wife also bought some chicken as well. Ghlarghh!! It was incredible, amazing, stupendous... [Well it was sixteen bucks, but it was actually "worth it!" {Anybody remember the "Satisfiers of Alpha Blue"? Well it was better than watching "Tracy Lords" in that incredible dinner scene. ;-}])

---- "Hamster Brain" by: "Tom Smith" http://www.tomsmithonline.com/

[...squeak!...]

Feed Me comes third, so...

Do you have a therapy, product, good or service that is of interest to MSers?

Consider advertising on this podcast.

Reminders on this segment only cost $0.03 per reminder per download of an episode. (A $30CPM targeted at MSers.)

It can/should lead to a full ad, in text, audio or video, which costs $3.00 per download.

That sounds expensive until you do the math and realize that if nobody downloads it it costs you nothing, unlike print, where you often can't even get an ad in to the specialized journals, or radio or TV where you'd just be wasting your money with the 0.0833% MSers rate of return. (That's about six times "below" the level of "statistical noise".)

But MSBPodcast is 100% in your market, and you only pay per download of your material.

No play, no pay.

Reach the MSers who would buy your therapy, product, good or service, with-out having to waste your advertising money on anyone who is "not" interested...

Send me an email at: charles (at) MSBPodcast.com

---- "Enemy in My Brain" by: "Tragedy Kings" http://www.tragedykings.com/

Main Topic: Brains, which is what we're really about.

Well it is, isn't it.

Face it, I haven't felt "eternal" since I was sixteen (and even then, I'd already had my first MS attack.)

Our bodies go through changes, some good, plenty bad, and some downright awful (and since you're reading my blog and/or listening to my podcast, shit has probably happened to you.)

But we are still "us" uh, "we," regardless of what happened to the shell, we are.

We still "are".

We exist, we live, we grow.

We smile, laugh, scowl, weep.

We are and we won't be shut up nor will we just shut up.

---- "Fixing My Brain by: "Brad Sucks" http://www.bradsucks.net/

Main Topic, part deux:

Okay. I'm going through some existential crisis; from tears through laughter and back again.

I feel shitty, physically, but I feel great, intellectually.

I feel useless, unemployable and underused, but at the same time I feel on the cusp of realizing my true potential.

Yeah... My body's wiring's a frigging mess, but my mind feels like a jewel that I'm just starting to dig out of the soil.

I am on the verge ... I "am"...

---- "brainsbodyboth" by: "George Hrab" http://www.geologicrecords.net/

Outro

No comments: